feature check

Folks,
    I need to know the answer to a question, the definitive answer.
I don't know enough of the new language, "lojban", to ask the question
properly, so please accept it in the old loglan (by way of comparison).
    The old loglan word for 'big' was 'groda' and for 'man', as in
homo sapian, was 'mrenu'.  The indicator 'da' was a pronoun of sorts.
Thus the sentence 'da mrenu' might be translated as 'He is a man'.
    In lojban, is there a difference in the meanings of the two
sentences that are equivalent to the old loglan sentences (1)
"da groda mrenu", and (2) "da mrenu groda"?

    Please respond with much more than a "Yes" or "No".

    thank you very much,
    Arthur Protin