Lojban Classes

   LOJBAN CLASSES: Lojban classes will be starting on a weekly basis
at my place on Sunday, May 20th (That's right, Victoria Day Eve.) at
2:30 (PM!).  The class will probably run for three or four hours.  For
those of you at any level who want to start learning the language
*now*, this is it.  If you don't know if you want to learn the
language, button-hole or call me and I will show you some neat stuff.
   There will be a strict upper limit of twelve people, so RSVP!  When
you let me know you're coming I'll give you specific directions if you
need them.  To briefly expand on the address below, laSalle Street
runs for two blocks just north of 123rd Street in Manhattan.  My
building lies on open grounds between 123rd and laSalle that are
bounded by Broadway and Amsterdam Avenue on the sides.  There are
security personnel on these grounds who know where my building is.
   Warning.  Hospitality will be at a minimum.  I'm providing a roof
and some plumbing.  The kitchen will be closed.  I take a dim view of
munchies; they have a way of winding up on carpets.  This should help
keep away dilettantes!  I may mellow on this over the next two weeks,
but don't count on it.  By the way, there are *lots* of good
restaurants in this neighborhood.  Smoking is forbidden and street
shoes are discouraged.
  I won't be able to host a class the next weekend since I'll be at
Disclave.  Perhaps some of us can have a lojbanic soiree with DC-area
lojbanists there.  Also, I expect I'll be away for LogFest, lojban's
annual jamboree, at some unspecified time in June.

Regards,

Eric Tiedemann

lojbanically: .eirik. tideman.
Internet: est@cs.nyu.edu
CIS: 72000,352
Yaknet: (212) 316-6889
Oughta-be-abolished-net: 90 laSalle Street
                         New York, NY 10027