Re: bende - baseline change proposal request for comment

lojbab:

> One obvious question is whether a band leader is necessary to have a
> band.  Probably an orchestra does, but to the vast majority of music
> groups performing nowadays have a bandleader/conductor - no.

In passing, I would dispute this. The vast majority of music groups do
have a leader, in the sense that there in one player who brings them in
together, and brings them off together. Sometimes this will only be for
one piece, and somebody else leads a different piece, but ko'a is still
a leader.  [This does not affect your main argument]

> Thus - summarizing the questions:
>
> 1. Should "lidne" be changed to keyword "precede"?

        Yes

> 2. Should "bende" be generalized beyond musical groups?

        Yes

> 3. Should "bende" be rearranged to put the leader place in x1?

        Yes

> 4. What should the keyword be if only 2 is adopted?

        squad

> 5. What should the keyword be if both 2 and 3 are adopted?

        director

> 6. For those who have written texts in the language, have you made any
> usage of bende that would suggest a constraint on the decisions?  Would
> any of these changes be helpful/harmful in improving things that you
> might want to express?

        No relevant experience

                kolin
                        c.j.fine@bradford.ac.uk