RE: Tall/deep

Joh Cowan writes
>(Whether you call something "tall" or "deep" in English is a matter
>of whether you are standing at the bottom or the top of it.  Latin
>"altus" makes no distinction, and Lojban "condi" can mean "tall".)

My understanding is that 'tall' refers to solid things like
mountains, trees, people and towers whereas 'deep' refers to holes
and suchlike - such as caves, river(bed)s, holes etc.

Chris Handley                                     chandley@otago.ac.nz
Dept of Computer Science                       Ph     (+64) 3-479-8499
University of Otago                           Fax     (+64) 3-479-8577
Dunedin, NZ