Re: word spacing in Lojban

Bruce writes:

> It is my understanding that word spacing in Lojban is nowhere significant.
> Therefore, while Colin (and most people, including me) may find "se cmene"
> easier to understand than "secmene" etc., what Dave did is not incorrect
> Lojban.
>
>                                                            Bruce

I believe you are wrong Bruce. If it were so, the string "djacutcima"
could be parsed as "djacu tcima" (water weather) or "djacutci ma" (is a
water-shoe for what?). In speech these are disambiguated by the one
compulsory stress rule: djAcutcIma vs djacUtcima. In writing, obligatory
word-separation before and after brivla manages the task.

                kolin
                        c.j.fine@bradford.ac.uk