Unofficial alphabet lists for Lojban/Latin/English, Greek, and Russian

John Cowan writes:
(WRT letterals)
"and it would be
most useful to have Devanagari and Japanese kana as well."

I don't know about Devanagari, but as for Japanese kana, given that
(with the exception of <n>) they already represent syllables, would it
not make sense for the letteral for each one to be the pronunciation
of that particular symbol, possibly with some additional syllable
added for those whose values are simple vowels? (I'd produce a sample
set of letterals under this scheme, but don't have a list of kana
here)

Dean Gahlon
dean@ns.network.com