dates

Logical Language Group <uwm!cuvmb.cc.columbia.edu!GREBYN.COM!lojbab> writes:
[clip!]
> and if I want to meet you on the 28th, I don't want to have to say in
> Lojban that I will meet you on the -/-/28th).)
>
> lojbab

Ahh!  I hadn't considered this.
"Significance" is determined by *use* rather than by magnitude.  Hmmm...
I suppose that holds true with numbers as well, since most (except a
very few truly-random-number-seekers) are more interested in the digits
of higher magnitude, and indeed these are what are retained through
numerical ellipsis (rounding).

Rick Miller <rick%discus.mil.wi.us@uwm.edu>