la bradfrd jbogirz

Andrew and I met again last night and thought about a few phrases and
words I'd like to share.

.i .e'upei de'a veltivni

(I won't translate this one - I want to see if it means to other people
what I meant it to mean)

We were wondering about "bicycle". The first thing that comes to mind is
"relxislu", but I'm convinced that this is malglico. Use it as a
modifier if you want, but that's not what it IS.

We started with "marce", and tried to get "marce folo prenu" into a
lujvo - I don't know a way to do this. It doesn't work just to lujvyzba
it (or even tanryzba) - "prenu marce" does not mean "people-powered
vehicle" to me.
 Interestingly, you can do it with a change of focus: velma'e is
something that propels a vehicle, so plausibly a velma'epre is a cyclist
(though it also includes a rickshawman and Fred Flintstone), or maybe
better a prevelma'e (which is not just the motive force for a
people-vehicle, which would be a velkemprema'e). So if you gave this a
suitable place-structure, say
prevelma'e	x1 (person) self-powers (vehicle) x2
then you could have
	mi prevelma'e	I am a cyclist
	mi prevelma'e klama le bancycu'e	I cycle to Uni
(or mi velma'ekla ri   would probably do there)
and	ta se prevelma'e	That is a bike
	ta relxislu se prevelma'e	That is a bicycle
	ta cibyxislu se prevelma'e	That is a tricycle
	ta se relprevelma'e		That is a tandem.

Then I thought of matra, and realised that in most cases
	nalmatma'e	That is an unmotorised vehicle
is best.

	co'odo'u ko so'aroi gleki mi'e kolin