Re: proposals regarding abstractors

la lojbab. cusku di'e

> I will tie in with this that there has been discussion between Cowan and
> I regarding the need to add a cmavo to NU to resolve the meaning of
> du'u.  At one time "du'u" referred to an expression/claim/equation, but
> evolved in actual usage to current mean a truth, fact or relationship
> that is claimed; i.e. la'e the old value.  The difference is between "se
> cusku" which is an expression and "fatci"/"se djuno" which are "truths".
> I thought we had even agreed to add such a word, but I find no notes
> from Cowan of the specific assignment, hence I am now uncertain.

Under Change 15, you do not need a separate cmavo:  "le du'u broda" is the
claim that broda, and "le se du'u broda" is the assertion that broda.
(Without Change 15, you need "le se ke du'u broda".)  We have never exploited
the x2 places of the abstractions before, but it is now easy to do so.

--
John Cowan	cowan@snark.thyrsus.com		...!uunet!cbmvax!snark!cowan
			e'osai ko sarji la lojban.