RE: David Young's text

le kreka'a zarci zo'u

> >.i ko'a cu minde le jenmi
> >.i ko'e cu minde le su'ore sonci .ije ko'a cu minde ko'e

(Nick:)
> There's X; There's Y. X commands the army (to do something). Y commands some
> of the soldiers ("[some] soldiers" would be su'ore [le] sonci) (to do
> something), and X commands Y (to do something).

Not _quite_, methinks.  {le su'ore sonci} is just "the (plural) soldiers"
for my money, {su'ore le sonci} would be "some of the soldiers", and
{su'ore [lo] sonci} is "some soldiers".

BTW, I missed the original of this for some reason.  Did I miss out
on any of it, or did you quote it all?

Iain.