regional group lists available

Having updated the Lojban mailing lists, I have also generated lists
linked geographically.  Lists are available upon request for any region
I can easily identify, and I'm sending lists to some of you who I've
promised them in the past.  The following lists those groupings that I
have ready for immediate transmission, since they had significant
numbers of people including at least one person with a current email
address.

Not all email addresses in the list are current, and I'm missing some
(feel free to let me know of any gaps you observe).  Number of JL
subscribers is the best indicator of active interest in the area; these
are the people that would likely form the core of a study group.  You
probably shouldn't bother contacting someone who is receiving neither JL
or LK, unless there is some Lojbanic Event going on locally (i.e.
starting a class, or a gathering like the UK LogFest); these are
inactive people who are waiting for us to publish books, etc.

                              active+
Region             Bytes     inactive
                                #       JL      LK      net address on file
Albany  NY         1319         7       3       3       2
Atlanta GA         1045         5       1       4       1
Austin  TX         1565         8       1       7       4
Baltimore MD       4425         23      2       11      2
Boston MA         16980         85      10      50      28
Chicago IL         2647         14      1       11      1
Washington DC     22716         115     13      67      21
Denver CO          2481         13      1       11      4
Los angeles CA     8601         43      5       30      11
Minneapolis MN     2587         13      3       8       4
Northern NJ        3604         18      5       10      9
New York City      8138         41      5       29      10
Philadelphia PA    3962         20      2       14      6
Pittsburgh PA      1006         5       0       3       3
Portland OR        2354         12      1       9       4
Quebec City        1316         7       1       6       1
Raleigh/Durham NC  2806         15      1       7       3
Rochester NY        610         3       0       2       2
San Diego CA       4749         24      3       10      4
Seattle WA         3313         17      0       13      5
SF Bay Area CA    14068         72      14      31      18
Salt Lake City UT   951         5       0       4       1

Europe             3724         18      1       16      7
 (excludes Germany, Russia, Scandinavia, UK)
Germany            1600         8       0       7       2
Scandinavia        4806         13      2       9       6
United Kingdom     8469         41      10      23      24
Australia/New Zeal.2319         11      3       7       7

I'll give totals for the above  656     87      402     190 (around 30%)
and for the whole organization  940     114     603     ~230 (around 25%)

Note that there are more active Lojbanists (JL subscribers) in the SF
area than in DC, where we have an active conversation group and LogFest
every year, and as many in Boston as in the UK, which has one group
meeting and a gathering of Lojbanists is being planned for September.
These two areas are the ones I keep hoping will jell into starting some
activities.

lojbab