Re: TECH: Submultiples of local units

la kolin cusku di'e

> Will somebody explain how to use sub-units for the
> local measure gismu?

I simply suggest, I dare not explain! :)

> eg
>  minli       mile       x1 is x2 long local distance unit(s) (non-metric), x3
>  subunits
> (defaults 1), standard x4

> I take it the 'default 1' applies to the x2, and the x3
> has a 'default 0'

I think this is the right default, and this suggests to me the first
instance where "setese" might be useful after all. (I told And that
I disliked it, but now that I know what it means without having to
make all the conversions, I don't mind it.)

> How do you say 'three furlongs'?

setese minli li 3

(I suppose I should have used {minli} instead of {ki'otre} for "leagues",
but I wasn't aware of it. What do we use when kilometers are the local
long distance units, do they become synonimous?)

co'o mi'e xorxes