Re: TECH: deagentive place structures

> I think "gulp" is more like galxyteryrango, or something else that might
> involve swallowing but is more than merely a manipulation of the place
> structure.

The use of "ziho" is not mere manipulation of the place structure.
It defines a fundamentally different meaning, as does the use of
BAI (except that the extension of a brivla with a BAI is a subset
of the extension of the same brivla without a BAI). It must be
remembered that the use of ziho is semantically analogous to
lujvo formation: you can guess at the meaning of the lujvo or
the brivla with a ziho, but ultimately it is stipulated and
is only partially predictable.

Tunlo means "x1 gulps, and thereby x2 is ingested into x1".
We can stipulate that "tunlo fe ziho" is to mean "x1 gulps".
We can also stipulate that "galxyteryrango" means "x1 gulps".

The choice between "tunlo fe ziho" and "galxyteryrango" depends
only on 2 things:
 (1) which is shorter
 (2) which is the stipulated meaning easier to guess from
     (gulping and ingesting with no ingestee, or throaty
      function of an organ).

Since "tunlo fe ziho", or "ziltunlo" is shorter, and easily
guessable, it is a good example of the use of ziho.

----
And                   KO JBOBANPEHO