Re: TECH: "philosophy" (was: toldi nunsenva)

lojbab hit one of my hot buttons with his comment

> Since one of those places is a "methodology" place (x3), ...

    I am routinely bothered by the abuse of this word.  I think
that what is called for is "methods".  Methodology is the study
of methods.  It involves documenting the methods used and going
beyond that to instrument those methods to be able to collect
data to analyse those methods.  A good methodology results in the
ongoing refinement of methods in search of the best way of doing
things.

    Please do not use "methodology" when you mean "method".

    thank you all,
    Art Protin

Arthur Protin <protin@usl.com>
STANDARD DISCLAIMER: The views expressed are strictly those of the author and
are in no way indictative of his employer, customers, or this installation.