Re: TECH: (attention Ivan!) demonstrative predicate cmavo needed?

To Logical Language Group respond I thus:

#mi'e .djan. .i la lojbab. cusku di'e

John finds me in agreement, with the exception of:

#> Thus,
#> for the usage "do it this way and not that way" you can express it using
#> "ta'i ti .enai ta" and the fact that tadji takes a predicate means that
#> you are OK more or less.
#Yes, well, it's sumti raising.  "ta'i tu'a ti .enai tu'a ta", or else
#"ta'i tu'a lu'a ti .enai ta" is better, strictly speaking.  Still, I agree
#that using "ta" where an event is expected is probably clear enough.

Lojbab was right about the grammar of it: it's ta'i tu'a ti .enai ta, or
ta'i tu'a ti lu'u .enai tu'a ta

non me tenent vincula, non me tenet clavis, %   (nsn@mullian.ee.mu.oz.au)
quaero mei similes et adjungor pravis.      % Nick Nicholas, CogSci victim,
      --- Archipoeta, _Confessio_.          % Univ. of Melbourne, Australia