Re: {sorcu} definition

la bob mi spuda di'e

>    How would you say in Lojban "take the reserve of gold from the safe
>    to the bank"?
>
> ko muvdu lo sorcu be lo solji bei le snuryvasru be'o lo banxa
>
> Imperative: move that which is really a reserve or supply of gold
> located in the secure-vessel to that which is really a bank.

I was thinking of taking just the gold, without {le snuryvasru}.
Something like: "She allways carries her reserve of gold with her,
but when she's at home, she keeps it in the safe." If the x3 of
sorcu is a container, then the thing that she carries with her,
and the thing that she keeps in the safe are not the same sorcu.

>     Does the reserve change when moved to another container?
>
> Yes, it certainly does!  If I had a supply of gold, I would think
> about it very differently if it were located in a relatively insecure
                               --
> container compared to a secure vault.

What is "it" in your sentence?
le sorcu be lo solji bei ma

> I would worry less in the
> latter instance.

So would I. But we are comparing two different {vasru be le sorcu},
for the same {sorcu}, rather than two different {sorcu}.

> The "store/deposit/supply/reserve" changes its
> meaning to me depending on its container.  (Presumably, {se sorcu},
> the "materials", i.e., the gold itself, would not change if moved.)

Then you can't talk about moving the sorcu from one container
to another. What would you be moving? You have to transform
a supply-of-gold-in-container-A into a supply-of-gold-in-container-B,
they are two separate entities.

co'o mi'e xorxes