TECH: more thoughts on zi'o

lojbab comments:

.
> These in themselves look like the[y] support the Lojban design, but
> then a couple of exercises in the Russian textbook tonight made
> me think twice.  How do we express a statement like "They often
> walk through the park", where "they" refers to people who aren;t
> necessarily walking together even once, much less "often".  For
> these people, the route has a common general description, and we
> could just put "le panka" in the route place.  But we are stretching
> things,to do this, since none of the people has the same exact route,
> and indeed the people may not have the same route each time they
> individually walk through the park.
.
.
.

I believe that the problem is a carry-over from Noun-Verb-etc
training.  I invite you all to consider the translations of

        The collection of paths through the park

        are often traveled over walkingly

        by some collection of people, from origins outside the park

        to destinations outside the park.

I expect that while this English is awkward and much more difficult
with which to deal, a lojban/loglan translation should be very
comfortable especially when the destinations and origins are elided
(they are articulated here to prove that they do exist).
(Of course, someone should do the translation with them spelled
out to complete the proof.)

This is not proof that klama is all we want, just further indication
that, without better explanation of the distinctions, klama is all
that is needed.

    thank you,
    Art Protin

Arthur Protin <protin@usl.com>
STANDARD DISCLAIMER: The views expressed are strictly those of the author and
are in no way indictative of his employer, customers, or this installation.