Re: TECH: re'enai and the emotion classifiers (long)

la art joi la lojbab cusku di'e

> > Most people who identify themselves as atheists or agnostics are
> > going to rarely find themselves expressing a non-neutral 'spiritual'
> > scale.  They don't identify in themselves a need to express spiritually.
>
> While it won't be frequent nor regular, I expect it will happen to
> most at sometime or another.

i ki'u ma na'e cafne
i le nu krici fi lo cesna cu na'e sarcu le nu lifri lo pruxi

> Samples:
>
> The feelings that one gets walking an ancient battlefield.
>
> The feeling that one gets in a "haunted" house.
>
> The feeling that accompanies/is a premonition.

ice le nu manci le nu viska le solnuncanci vi le xaskoi

ice le se cinmo be bai le nu pensi le nu morsi

ice le so'i drata

I found an interesting symmetry among the UI4s:

self            others

physical        sexual          (xadni)
mental          social          (prenu)
spiritual       emotional       (pruxi)

Three of them are concerned only with the self, and although
the feelings may in some sense be originated in the outside
world, the experience is purely personal. For the other three,
the feelings are of course felt by the speaker, but other people
are an essential component. (When dealing with self-sex, I would
argue that the physical category is more appropriate, I think
sexuality requires an other. Maybe one can see oneself as another?)
I see mental and social as referring to the {prenu}. Again, self
and others. And spiritual/emotional distinguishes between our
feelings for others (or for ourselves, but seen as another),
and the pure spiritual emotions that are so difficult to express,
but are not felt about someone.

I don't think "political" is a category in the same level as the
others. I see it as a part of "social". (Also, it doesn't fit my
scheme :)

Jorge