Re: TECH: Various

la matius. cusku di'e

> 1.  Use of "dakau" to specify exactly what sort of a property abstraction is
>     being created.
>
> Seems fine to me.  Would the omission of "dakau" result in the assumption of
> x1 being the place in question or of it being left to the hearer to
> interpret from context?

Interpret from context, as almost always in Lojban.  The only time x1 is
magic is in descriptions.

> What effect does this have on existing text?

Very little.  The problem which led to the "old" convention wasn't discovered
until a few months ago (although adumbrations of it have existed since 1975
or even earlier, as with most Lojban problems).  Possibly no text needs to
change at all.

--
John Cowan		sharing account <lojbab@access.digex.net> for now
		e'osai ko sarji la lojban.