Re: Once again...

Colin says:
> Does za'upa mean 'one more'? I would have taken it to mean
> 'more than one', parallel with su'opa. We really do need the
> grammar of generalised PA to be tied down We talked about it
> at Bradford Lojfest, but not very conclusively).

I also take it to mean "more than one", and I think that "for
the more-than-one-th time" is good enough for "again". I don't
know how to get "one more", unless we let {za'uro} mean that.

> I agree that if you want to be picky they are different, but I am always
> pleased when somebody uses a na'o lojbo pe'i expression like
> observative NU.

Yes, but it would be nice to be able to make the direct claim in a simple
manner as well.

> Interesting question:
>
> xu ro bu'a zo'u go bu'a gi nu bu'a

ba'e na (to pe'i toi)

> If so then the truth values are the same and the difference
> is purely pragmatic.

The truth value of {nu bu'a} is very hard to determine, in my opinion,
like the truth value of any bridi with unfilled places. In this case
it's even worse, because it's not even clear what you could use to fill
that place.

Jorge