draft textbook example story error

Greetings.

I am a new student of Lojban, undertaking a translation of the story in section
16.9 of the draft textbook. I got stuck on the first sentence:

la .alis. cavi kansa la rik. le nu cadzu le tadni nu penmi kei zo'e le tcadu

This refused to make any sense until I peeked at the answer and realized that
the word "cadzu" was supposed to be "klama".

cadzu   x1 walks on surface x2 using limbs x3
klama   x1 goes to x2 from x3 ...

Did cadzu have a different place structure when the story was written?
Am I totally out to lunch?

Thanks,

Philip Delaquess
delaques@gcg.com