Re: Cowan's summary: opacity and sumti-raising

John:
> The point is that "sisku" doesn't mean "seek/look for", but rather
> "seek/look for something with a specified property".  The reason for doing
> this is that seeking very frequently involves something that is -specific
> but where we do not wish to commit ourselves with a +existent locution.
> The degenerate case "I'm looking for my book (+specific)" becomes "I'm looking
> for something with the property of being my book", i.e.

Quite so, given the current x2 definition. So if one wanted to say
"I'm seeking Lojbab", one would have to use a circumlocution, e.g.
"mi troci lenu mi [encounter] la lojbab"? Is that so? Or "mi sisku
le ka me la lojbab"? - that's a bit vague.

---
And