Re: small universe consequences

Bob:
> Consider the following while presuming it makes a difference whether
> the Lojban utterance is true or false:
>
>     Suppose the context concerns just three specific cats, no others:
>
>         .i pa lo ci mlatu cu grusi
>         One of the three cats is gray.
>
> As I intended the utterance, it means something different if it is
> true or if it is false.

I'm still unable to see what you mean. Your Lojban example means
"one of the three cats is grey" (roughly). What difference does it
make whether this is true or false? Okay it may make a difference to
you if you bet $1000000 that one of the three cats is grey, but I don't
see how we have 2 different meanings according to whether there is
or isn't a grey cat.

---
And