Re: Cowan's summary: opacity and sumti-raising

> > I could understand this if it never made sense to have an object
> > being looked for, but it does make sense, so I don't see the need
> > to forbid this simple expression.
>
> Quantifier error!
>
> It is false that "it never makes sense", right enough. However, it is
> also false that "it does [always] make sense".

When does it not make sense?

A different matter is whether the opaque case can be easily expressed,
but the transparent case always makes sense with sisku meaning "x1 looks
for object x2".

> In fact, it sometimes
> makes sense and sometimes not.  Having places which only sometimes make
> sense is to be avoided.

I'd like to see an example of when it would not make sense.

Jorge