Re: Existence and occurrence of events (was: ago24 & replies)

>la kris cusku di'e
>
>> Minor nitpick: I think you mean to say "mi troci lonu da muvdu lo rokci".
>> Rokci takes an agent in the first place and a moved-thing in the second.
>  -----
>  muvdu
>
>That was the old muvdu, the new one doesn't have an agent, but it's
>easy to get the old meaning back: muvgau.

Oh.  When did it change?  I'll have to re-download my wordlists.  I think
I've made this sort of mistake before.

>The strange thing is that muvdu only covers a very limited set of
>motions, only translations. If an object rotates, it isn't muvdu.

I suppose there's no reason the cognates "muvdu" and "move" should cover
exactly the same semantic space, especially given that there are words like
carna and tarmi and binxo to describe other sorts of motion.
                     ____
 Chris Bogart        \  /  ftp://ftp.csn.org/cbogart/html/homepage.html
 Quetzal Consulting   \/   cbogart@quetzal.com