Re: On {lo} and existence

la i,n cusku di'e

> (Historical digression:  This list normally uses the term "specific"
> to denote something _known to the speaker_.  I still haven't found
> a good replacement for the more general sense of something precise,
> unique (though not necessarily singular in number), which is the
> sense I intend above.)

Perhaps we could use "identified referent" instead of "specific
referent" for {le broda}. The speaker knows which one is the
individual that satisfies the predication (or which ones).
In the case of {lo broda}, the speaker may or may not know
which one, the claim is only that there is at least one broda
that fits the bill.

Jorge