Re: selbri as sumti

>I have tried to ask this question before, but never fruitfully.
>I find examples of things that behave like both selbri and sumti.
>I am too ignorant to know what is going on.

I'll try my hand at it...

>PROBLEM ONE
>How can we say "I always do my shopping on the same day of the
>week"?

how about:

         mi vecnu ca ro lo pa jefydje

ta'o I don't understand why you used "ca ro me da" in your attempt rather
than "ca ro da".

>PROBLEM TWO
>"I ate a strange kind of fish". What I ate was not strange.
>This seems to me to mean:
> (a) X is the category of subcategories of the category of fish
> (b) Ey X(y), strange(y)
> (c) Ez Y(z), I ate (z)

        mi citka da .i da finpe de .i de cizra
==>
        mi citka le finpe be de poi cizra
or maybe
        mi citka le finpe be lo cizra

I would think that

        mi citka le cizra jutsi finpe

would also work, but it doesn't answer your question about subcategories.

>PROBLEM THREE
>"Today I performed my quotidian activities":
>  (a) X is a subcategory of the category of my activities
>  (b) Quotidian(X)
>      [Where if Quotidian(X) then Ad day(d) Ez X(z) & z happens
>       on d]
>  (c) Ey X(y) I performed y

        mi ca le cabdei cu gasnu lei se gasnu be ca ro djedi

or maybe

        mi ca le cabdei cu gasnu lei mi roldje selgau

or

        mi cabdei gasnu lei mi roldje selgau

I have a feeling I've worded my way around your real concerns, though.
                     ____
 Chris Bogart        \  /  ftp://ftp.csn.org/cbogart/html/homepage.html
 Quetzal Consulting   \/   cbogart@quetzal.com