Re: Several quick questions:

> 1 - I want to mess around with the yacc grammar for lojban a little.  The
> file that's online has a comment in it that says:
>
>    There will be additional comment updates and extensive additions per
>    change 19 prior to republication.  The intent is to make the YACC
>    grammar much more self-explanatory.

I'm not sure which version you are looking at.  My current internal version
is 235; the version on line is 233.  (Hmm, maybe it's time to republish.)

> Is this the latest, or has this "change 19" business already been done, and
> I'm (once again) looking in the wrong place?

Maybe so.  The right place is ftp.cs.yale.edu in /pub/lojban/software/parser.

> 2 - I noticed that the entire source code for the parser is not online.  Is
> it available?  For free?  For a charge?

Again, I'm not sure where you are looking.  The source code (but not the
development tools I use to transform the grammar.2?? file into grammar.c)
is on-line in that directory, file parser.shar.gz.

> 3 - What's the latest wisdom on whether attitudinals are significant to the
> logical meaning of a bridi?  If I say ".ianai le gerku cu barda", am I
> stating that the dog is big, but that the truth of that fills me with some
> kind of sense of disbelief -- or am I saying approximately "I don't believe
> the dog is big".

No definite answer can be given.  Some attitudinals lean one way, some lean
another way, but context can override.  In general, ".ianai" is one of those
that tends toward propositional (rather than global) attitude, so
"I don't believe that the dog is big" is the most likely meaning.
See /pub/lojban/draft/refgrammar/attitude.

--
John Cowan		sharing account <lojbab@access.digex.net> for now
		e'osai ko sarji la lojban.