Re: <xoi> and fuzzy models

la stivn cusku di'e

> le rozgu pafi'uci xoi barda le melbi le cnano
> "The rose is 1/3 fuzzily more beautiful than normal."
>
> I predict Jorges will object to this and will prefer to say something like,
>
> le rozgu pafi'uci xoi melbi ke le cnano

The first part of your prediction is 1.0-right, but the second part
is 1.0-wrong.

{le melbi} means "the one that is beautiful", it does not mean
"the property of being beautiful", which is what you need in the
x2 of {barda}. You want {le ka melbi kei} there. I already tried
to explain that in the case of {le clani} vs. {le ka clani kei},
but it seems that we are not communicating here.

Your second alternative is ungrammatical, because of the {ke}.
What I would prefer to say is something like:

        le rozgu cu milxe melbi
        The rose is somewhat beautiful.

which is presumably what you mean by 1/3. Or, if you insist on
using the number:

        le rozgu cu klani li pafi'uci le kamymelbi ckilu
        The rose scores a 1/3 on the beauty scale.

Jorge