Re: "standard" sumti

la stivn. cusku di'e

> Either every gismu should have both a standard sumti and a scale sumti or
> no gismu should have them. The current seemingly random position and
> existence of standard sumti makes no sense. If all gismu had them, then one
> could say stuff like:
>
> X1 <selbri> X2...X(N-2) by standard X(N-1) on scale X(N)
>
> If none had them we could deal with standards using some other formalism.
> Among other benefits, such as regularizing all gismu, this would allow us
> some more options in expressing fuzzy sets.

Only 70 (4%) of the gismu have "by standard" places.  Most of these are
either clearly subjective or represent things which have more than
one objective definition (like the non-SI measurement units).
Appropriate use of BAI allows the addition of "by standard" and "on scale"
to any bridi.

--
John Cowan					cowan@ccil.org
		e'osai ko sarji la lojban.