Observatives (simple)

   > What is the semantic difference between {ta blanu} and {blanu fa ta}?

{ta blanu} and {blanu fa ta} are both examples of bridi with a filled
first place.  Both utterances mean "This at which I point is blue."
The difference in meaning, if any, is in emphasis.

    ta blanu            *This* is blue.

    blanu fa ta         This is *blue*.

Incidentally, Jorge said regarding this query:

   I don't see any special semantic content in the "observative" form.

I don't know what he meant here.  Neither of those examples are
observatives.

An observative lacks a first place:

    blanu               A blue thing.
                        Look: something blue.

See section 2 in John Cowan's Places paper for an example with {klama}:

    klama la bastn. la .atlantas. le dargu le karce
    A-goer to-Boston from-Atlanta via-the road using-the car.
    Goes to-Boston from-Atlanta via-the road using-the car.
    Look: a goer to Boston from Atlanta via the road using the car!