PLI: aspects of <clivu>

goran cusku dihe
>Expressing "long stick" and "long time" analoguously (is
>this correct?) is not a linguistic universal, but many languages I have
>info on do so.

To what extent should we worry about relativistic considerations? The tense
operators are very general. In space-time the time dimension has a Sqrt[-1]
factor when you take the sqrt of the sum of the squares of the differences
ofthe time-space coordinates as the distance between events.

>inE.g. some Amerindian just can't say that in the same way,
>and would find it very illogical to treat time and space equally, but
>I don't see how else can we do that in lojban.

Maybe native americans find learning relativity to be more intuitive than
euroamericans.

>    It's been long since you've left.
>
>The only thing I can think of is
>
>    lo temci be lenu do cliva cu clani

xorxes cusku dihe
>do pu zu cliva
>        You left long ago.

That's nice. How about:

ledo xruti ka cu darno ledo cliva ka lo temcycanlu

cohomihe la stivn

Steven M. Belknap, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Clinical Pharmacology and Medicine
University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria

email: sbelknap@uic.edu
Voice: 309/671-3403
Fax:   309/671-8413