Re: PLI: length vs longness

la dn. cusku di'e
> I have come across this problem as well.  I was thinking about "How long have
> you lived here?"

How about
        .i do vi xabju co'a ma
or
        .i ma se nanca le nu do vi xabju
or maybe
        .i do vi je ce'u xabju
though that's rather non-specific.

And how would you answer these questions?  The second one asks for a
number so is no problem; for the last, I'm pretty sure no answer more
specific than e.g., puzu is possible; but the first calls naturally for
an equivalent of "5 years ago".  Is there any (reasonably concise)
equivalent?  (This brings up the whole "tensors" discussion, I suppose.
Let's try to keep things concise.  Was there a conclusion from last
time?)

co'o mi'e dilyn.