Re: RET: jeks in descriptions

la dn cusku di'e

> la kir. cpedu tu'a lu mi nelci lo cukta be fi la lem. .e la borxes. li'u
>
> I think it literally means "I like books by Lem and Borges together",

Right, a book that has both Lem and Borges as authors. Not necessarily
together, though. It could be a compilation with works from different
authors. Indeed, I wouldn't be surprised that a book like that exists,
probably some science fiction compilation, since Borges does have a
few s.f. stories.

> books
> separately would be
>
>     .i mi nelci lo cukta befi la lem. be'o .a lo cukta befi la borxes.

{.e} instead of {.a} if you want to say that you like at least one
from each.

> If I remember correctly
>
>     .i .abu .e by. brode
>
> is the same as
>
>     .i .abu brode .ije by. brode

Right.

> Though I don't think it is possible to transform
>
>     .i lo broda be .abu .e by. cu brode
>
> into
>
>     .i lo broda be .abu .e lo broda be by. cu brode

That's right, you cannot. Indeed {pa broda be abu e by} is one
single object, while {pa broda be abu be'o e pa broda be by} can be
two objects.

Jorge