Re: lojban dialectology

la lojbab. di'e cusku
>[li'o] Indeed, as the community gets sizable, I envision
>that the parser will come to have the same role as the FRench Academy and
>American prescriptivists (I think you have an academy down there too to keep
>Brazilian Protuguese in line with that of Portugal).

Yes, but they don't use to have much success :-) In fact, they sometimes don't
even agree what's correct Portuguese...

>[li'o] After that
>5 year period, the parser will hgave to follow the community (or at least
>mutual respect between the community and the parser-as-prescription will have
>to exist), or there will be mothing.  The whole point is that the language
>designers will be getting out of the prescription business.

This gives rise to several questions. What if common usage introduces
ambiguities
in the language after that period? Who's going to update the parser? Who's going
to decide what to keep and what to accept as an evolutionary change? So many
questions...

co'o mi'e paulos.