Re: seldanfu: retry2

la kris cuska

>(Translation follows at end)
>roci le notci fi do ca'a se benji .i le liste selpla cu na benji da le ve benji
>
>>le jipci goi purci loi jipci  i. le jipcyso'a goi ko'e purci loi jipyso'a
>
>le jipci na'e purci loi jipci .i le jipci cu se gunma loi jipci
>
>>.i ko'a purci ko'e gi'i ko'e purci ko'a
>

>        purci fa ko'a ko'e gi'i purci fa ko'e ko'a

>mi'e kris.
>

>All 3 of your messages did get sent.  The mail software does not send
>messages back to the sender.
>
>Individual chickens can't precede Chickendom; they're members of Chickendom.

just so

>That's not grammatically correct.  How about this:
>
>        Does chickendom precede eggdom or eggdom precede chickendom?
>
>In my opinion they're simultaneous.

yup, I missed the usage of purci, until after I posted. also, thanks for the
info on the mail software.  I was receiving back mss with every other line
 deleted.
Odd.

I think that Darwin has answered the question and I have been wrestling with
stating it logically and then lojbanically, I think I have the logic part right,
now I struggle with the lojban

consider the set of present-day-chicken ancestors, X
consider the subset of chicken ancestors that are not chickens, Y
there is a member y of Y such that at least one member of x is a 'child' of y
 and all
 members of X not in x's brood are descendants of x
  (theory of evolution says:
    this condition happened at least once,
    there is probably only one event like this)
the egg of y is of some type, Y-like-ness, but not chicken
the hatchling of y is a chicken, x
the eggs of x are of type-chicken
  (three ways this can happen, but all give same result)
therefore chicken came first, before eggs-of-type-chicken

this is the lojbanic answer since the X2 of sovda refers to the species of the
 parent.

This almost looks like language structure forcing an interpretation.