Re: GEN: NAhEish ZAhO (PU: TECH: situation types)

Goran
> > NOTE2: I agree with And that aspectuals should really be like NAhEs,
> > that attach to brivla rather than to a whole selbri. This applies
> > to all of them, not just the ZAhOs. For example, we could have:
> >        ko'a citno ba'o ralju
> >        He is a young ex-president.
> >        ko'a ba'o citno ralju
> >        He is an ex-young president.
> >        ko'a ba'o ke citno ralju
> >        He is an ex young-president.
> >        ko'a ta'e gleki reroi ralju
> >        He is a usually-happy two-times-president.
> >        ko'a roroi gleki ze'u citno co'a ralju
> >        He is an always-happy long-time-young starting-president.
> .i la'edi'u te pilno zo zei xunai .i mu'a lu
>    .i ko'a citno ba'ozei ralju
>    .i ko'a ba'ozei citno ralju
>    .i ko'a ba'o citno ralju
>    .i ko'a ta'ezei gleki reroi ralju
>    .i ko'a ze'ezei gleki ze'uzei citno co'azei ralju

We've been through this. It doesn't work. It couldn't handle
"He is a happy ex young-president" {koa gleki bao ke citno ralju}.

> I know it is longer, but doesn't need any grammar change. Note that the
> thing you are proposing *is* change, and not just extension.

It is pretty clear that this change will not come about officially.
As far as I'm concerned, Xorxe & I were just pointing out that aspectuals
*should* have NAhEish grammar.

> Take {mi ba'o citka lo plise}. I know I used the construct a lot. If
> your suggestion passes, lots of text will become outdated and hard to
> figure out.)

As far as I can tell offhand, the only thing that would be affected is
old {le broda zao brode} which ought now to become {le broda cu zao
brode}.

coo, mie And