Re: loglan rapprochement orthography

> > > Could someone please post the alternative lojban orthography
> > > designed to ease rapprochement with tli loglan?
> > In short: names and ".i" are capitalized, word-final pauses are written
> > as commas, word-initial pauses are either not marked or are marked by
> > adding a comma to the previous word, syllabic r l m n are doubled, /x/
> > is written as "h", /au/ is written as "ao", apostrophes are replaced by
> > commas (which need not be written unless ambiguity would result, viz.
> > a,i e,i o,i a,o always; i,a i,e i,i i,o i,u u,a u,e u,i u,o u,u in UIs,
> > names, and fu'ivla).
>
> Thanks. Is this a rejected proposal, or is it an official alternative
> orthography?

It would have been the official alternative orthography if JCB had agreed to
a rapprochement.  Since what we have is unofficial tolerance and some
mild cooperation, its status is "in limbo".

It will probably be printed in the front matter of the dictionary, marked
"unofficial", along with Ivan's Cyrillic orthography (which is too simple to
explain, except to state that /y/ is represented by the hard sign, and /'/ by
the soft.)

--
John Cowan					cowan@ccil.org
		e'osai ko sarji la lojban.