Re: Why does Lojban make the world a better place?

>Speeking of funding, it has been so long sense the last JL that I have
>absolutely no idea of the state of my lojban account.  I will gladly
>throw some money at my account (including some sort of pre-payment for the
>the books), but need to know where I current am before I do that.  A mailing
>to all active members (or maybe every one that recieve the last JL), with
>their account balance and a solicitation for support for the book publishing
>effort would seem to be in order.  I'll even volenteer to defray some
>reasonable amount of the cost of such a mailing (like $50), let me know.
>
>--
>Mark Biggar
>mab@wdl.lroal.com

Nice idea, but until I can shut up on the net long enough to get orders
caught up, and the data base updated, I have no idea what anyone's balance
is either, and cannot find out.  Consider that except for too-brief
spurts of activity, the business end of LLG has been neglected for 2 full
years.  I get checks deposited and recorded, but nothing in the computers.
I will of course have to do all this to put out an LK, and that is somewhere
on Cowan;s agenda after he gets the book draft done.

I think.

lojbab