Re: xelfanva and comments

Lojbab
> This may have been the first use of no'a other than in a refgrammar
> example for all I know .

A recent use of it from the first of the current series of chinese whispers:

> >   Ca le lambavdei mi zilxru le xotli i taacuu ca ro donri
> >   i mutce nu troci lo dahi nu le noa ri nelci i mi gohi i zaa
> >   melpre

> The bottom line is that no'a is not used a lot, and I was trying to do the
> one thing we do not have good Lojban devices for - sumti forward reference
> (what I have called cataphora vice anaphora, to pc's humor).  I could have
> been pedantic and exact with a negative subscript "ri", but the thought
> turned my stomach in knots.  I am sure that someday someone will be forced to
>  such lengths to preserve the ordering of phrases in a translation.  Maybe I
> am surprised that And Rosta hasn;t tried negative subscripts too.

They sound fun. Maybe if you explain them to me I can try to use them.

> Now free associating, I contemplate a negative subscript in the proposed
> fuzzy logic convention for subscripting ja'a %^)  Anyone care to
> contemplate negative truth values and negative ordinal members of a closed
> sequence?

I thought maybe negative and positive subscripts of jaa could do for the
function for which I proposed NA + CAI - for "very true/false", and for
"almost/barely".

coo, mie and-