Re: may the wind be always at your back

In message <838320196.28279.0@cunyvm.cuny.edu> davejohn@POGO.WV.TEK.COM writes:
>   Basically I'm trying to figure out how to express the "may you" bit.  I
> was thinking of using "pacna" (wish/hope/expect), but I'm not sure how to
> say "I hope that xyz is true" without having to resort to "xyz.  I hope
> that ko'a is true".

mi pacna      le  nu         le  brife ze'e   trixe     do
I  hope [for] the event-that the wind  always be-behind you

is the way to use {pacna}.  As Chris says, {.a'o} is another
option, although I suspect that's more properly an expression
of a general feeling of hopefulness (resulting from whatever
it's attached to).

le mikce cu xusra ledu'u mi bazi di'a kanro .a'o
The doctor says I'll be better soon (which gives me hope).

Perhaps another cmavo, like {.e'a} (permission),
or {fi'i [do'u]} (hospitality).
--
roda nu catra kei nagi'a nu bai co'a morsi
                       Murder is just transitive death