Re: may the wind be always at your back

I was going to bring this up during the discussion a few months ago about
"all men are equal, but some are more equal than others," and now that
we're talking about "may the wind always be at your back" I have another
opportunity.

As I understand Lojban, the literal translation of these aphorisms
contains no more than their literal meaning, e.g., either that there
should be some wind in back of a person (now what could that mean?) or
that some wind should be blowing towards his back.  Now, that's not really
what the original means at all.  There's no doubt some name for this which
I don't know, so I'll call it the real meaning, which is "may you
generally be assisted in all your endeavors".  Shouldn't that be the
proper thing to translate into Lojban?

Bob Weiss