Re: David Brin story

On Thu, 7 Nov 1996, And Rosta wrote:

> How about doling out a paragraph or so each to different translators?
> That makes the task more doable, and in some ways also more
> interesting. Perhaps David Brin might care to nominate a story
> suitable for such a method of translation.
> ---
> And

        I think this might not be that great an idea, considering the way
in which different translators might have entirely different approaches to
using the language...  If one paragraph were all verb last, the next verb
first, the next all tanru, the next all straightforward sentences, the
text really wouldn't flow......  It'd certainly be a good reading
exercise though... :)

        Unfortunately, it may be the case that the only way to really get
something like this done would be to do it that way...  If so, that's
obviously much better than not getting it done at all. :)

Trevor C. Hill
th2x+@andrew.cmu.edu