book news

I am pleased to tell everyone that I have completed the formatting
and layout of the reference grammar book form.  I still have indexing
left to do and some other little things, but Cowan will be proofing
by the end of this week.  We are talking with aprinter that can take
files directly from Microsoft Word, in which case we may be able to
go to the printer with the book around the end of the month, with probably
a September release date.  If we go with this printer, there will likely
be a VERY limited "proof" edition of the book (10-15 copies only) available
to those who come to LogFest.  If you might come to LogFest and are willing
to pay for a copy, let me know (cost could be anywhere from $10-40 - no
quote yet).

I have been planning to finance book publication with a personal loan from
my own finances.  I can still manage this, but it is looking like I will
also be needing to buy a new car this year which akes things a bit tighter
than I would prefer.  I am thus looking for others to donate and/or
co-lend money towards publication.  Withe the exact details still quite up
in the air, a hardbound publication run of 1000 will cost around $10K, with
1500 perhaps around $14K.  If so, with abook price of $35 plus shipping,
our breakeven poi8nt will be around 300 and400 books respectively.  I think
we will get at least that many sales, enough that I don't hink a loan is a
serious risk, though whether we will sell a full press run is pure
speculation (thoug it would certainly take care of dictionary publication
costs if we manage it).

At any rate if any donors or lenders are out there, please let me know.

lojbab
----