Re: Comparison: Loglan / Lojban ?

On Mon, 25 Aug 1997, Logical Language Group wrote:

> And this is in the final analysis the reason teh languages differ: Lojban
> has seen considerable "live" usage, with the results plowed back into the
> design before we called the language "done".  Lojban now is frozen for at
> least 5 years, and any later changes will probably be made solely by
> fluent Lojbanists.  TLI maintains its intention to keep fiddling with the
> language design indefinitely, whcih in turn keeps a lot of people from
> even trying to learn it.

Hear, hear. Lojban seems to have had way, way more feedback from actual
learners and attempting speakers of the language than Loglan because of
the fact that the Loglan learning materials are not in the public domain,
but the Lojban materials are. This seems to have greatly enriched Lojban as a
language compared to Loglan, and it also means that more hands have made
lighter work in the Lojban project, enabling Lojban to progress with leaps
and bounds where Loglan development is limited to only a very few people
and progress seems slower.

Geoff