Re: "will", "le mi..."

At 1997-11-06 12:05, Lee Daniel Crocker wrote:

>(1) "will"
>
>I think Rick is right that a new lujvo is useful here, so
>I propose {sezmu'i} "self-motive": agent x1 is self-motivated
>to perform action x2; x1 wants to do x2.

Very well, but I'm not at all happy with the definition
'self-motivation', though 'wants' is quite straightforward. So {sezmu'i}
would be the 'want' (and therefore not the expression of the actual
motivation) in 'we didn't want to eat the other passengers, but we had
to', even though the motive is entirely internal.

Given this, I'm not sure 'sez' is the best rafsi to use.

>(2) "le mi karce"
>
>I was all prepared to explain why {le do djica} is not
>"what you desire" but "the desirer(s) associated with you",
>but I can't find in the refgram the explanation of the
>shortcut-possesives like {le mi karce}, etc.

So _that's_ what they are! I was wondering why {le do mukti} was
grammatical...

--
Ashley Yakeley, Seattle WA
http://www.halcyon.com/ashleyb/