Re: Indirect questions

Jorge to Mark:
> cu'u la ~mark
>
> >>                ko'a djuno le du'u xukau mi badri
> >>
> >>                da poi danfu lu xu mi badri li'u zo'u ko'a djuno da
> >>                "There is an x that is the answer to "Am I sad?" such
> >>                that she knows x."
> >
> >A somewhat off-topic question, but maybe this should be "...danfu la'e lu
> >xu mi badri li'u"?
>
> Yes, definitely.

I don't see why. {lu xu mi badri li`u} itself refers to a question.
So {lo danfu be lu xu mi badri li`u} refers to the answer to the
question, I'm not sure whether the answer is a text or a bit
of information (a truth value, in this instance).

I don't know what {la`e lu xu mi badri li`u} refers to.
But given that {mi badri} is a statement, but {la`e lu mi
badri li`u} refers not to a statement but rather to a proposition
or state-of-affairs wherein I am sad, I would conclude that
{la`e lu xu mi badri li`u} refers not to a question but rather
to the proposition being asked about, e.g. "mi badri" or
"X is truthvalue of le du`u mi badri", or something along those
lines.

--And