Re: do all nu's happen?

>> If that makes {nu do gerku} true if I can even imagine your
>> being a dog, then sobeit: that's the nature of abstraction.
>> We can still talk about non-abstract {fasnu}, so why cripple
>> {nu} with the burden of reality?
>
>If think that the official story, to the extent that there is
>one, would be as follows. Both {nu} and {fasnu} mean "potential
>event", just as {gerku} means "potential dog". So your solution
>doesn't work, but nonetheless there may not be a problem.

I think that fasnu has to refer to potential or real events.  I think that
nu can refer to any definable/plausible/conceivable relationship
ven if that relationship cannot happen in the real world or other universe
of discourse.

As for involing multiple universes of discourse in order to make
your idea of nu, and nelci, etc. make sense - I just don't buy it.

If the context is the real world then "mi djica/nelci lo <unicorn>" fails
veridicality but Iam not sure that  "mi djica/nelci lonu <unicorn>" does
(I can be argued on this specific example though - I am not bringing
the kind of examples I want to mind right now).

I have no idea what the debate is on denpa, not having been paying attention,
but the discussion in this message is omitting the important x3 and x4
places.  denpa not only requires that you wait for something, but that there
be a chance of state or process upon the occurence of x2, from x3 to x4.
There are ways to fill these places so as to nullify them (like x3 = x4)
But there is no implication in denpa of either hoping or wanting x2or indeed
that x1 is capable of cognition or emotion.  Nor is there a requirement that
x2 actually occur, though there has to be an x4 that results if x2 does
occur.

lojbab
----