Re: logflash software

In a message dated 97-11-20 16:19:48 EST, lojbab replied to me, and I am
replying in turn:

> >I found that
>  >starting over gave me a nice sense of accomplishment
>
>  ??? How does starting over give one a sense of accomplishment?  Indeed
>  I know several people who have started over many times, and thus never
>  make it to the bottom of the list.

Well, as one of those who hasn't made it through the whole list....  The
sense of accomplishment I meant is that of being able to recognize and
quickly process familiar gismu.  One of the problems I've had with trying to
make it through the entire list is each time I try my computer access quits
just long enough for me to feel rather lost when returning to logflash.
 Seeing familiar gismu helps with this.

>  If you are going to start over, by all means go to Gaining Control mode
>  (which does start you over in the process, but at least advances you on
the
>  learning process to mastery of the vocabulary).

I actually like the rapid exposure mode better at this point since it does
give me a greater exposure to the gismu in the same time period.  Gaining
Control mode is more than I have the brain power for at the moment.

-- karis.