Re: dacti

>xorxes:
>>Events that happen, like persons, are objects that endure in
>>space time.
>
>.ue
>You are claiming that an event is a dacti??!  I don't think of an event
>as an object.  Indeed, it may even be to'e dacti on some scale.

Events that happen certainly occupy space and last in time, so that
I suppose you're not objecting to the "endure in space-time" bit,
right?

As for "object", I was using it in the general sense of "thingy".

>If you interpret the words "object enduring in space time" to include
>abstarctions, we need a better wording of the definition.

Well, yes, if dacti is supposed to be more restricted than that, then
a clearer definition might be in order.

>Indeed, I
>think "object enduring in space time" excludes anything without physical
>bounds and structure (is a gas, plasma, or liquid an object? lo dacti?).

Then you definitely need to be more clear. Is the sun a dacti? Is the earth
a dacti? Is a mountain a dacti? Is a cloud a dacti? I would have said yes
to all of those, but now you make me doubt, because I probably wouldn't
call them "objects" in English in the more restricted sense of things that
you can handle. Is dacti supposed to be so restricted?

co'o mi'e xorxes